Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sickness abounds.

Well, we've survived our turn with the flu, which turned into an upper respiratory infection. Makes me wonder if Kiddo had a mutated version of H1N1 since he can't get the actual H1N1 virus again since he's already had it.
Either way, we're on the road to feeling better. I had to get Kiddo an antibiotic which I really don't like to do, but his doctor felt it was necessary.

Kiddo has a birthday coming up in less than two weeks. He'll be seven years old! It doesn't seem like he should be that old already. Time really does fly by when you have kids.
I have a surprise early birthday gift for Kiddo. I can't wait to see his face when he sees his surprise! I'll definitely post about it when we get back.

Kiddo was also enrolled into speech therapy this week. According to his school he has a frontal lisp. The husband isn't too happy about it, but I feel like it'll help Kiddo more than it'll hurt him. He'll start therapy in about a week so hopefully it all goes well. Kiddo isn't thrilled about being in therapy, but I've tried to explain to him that if he works hard & does what he's told then he'll be out of therapy sooner than he thinks.

The husband & I have been talking about enrolling Kiddo into the private Christian school for the next school year. It's really hard to get in to this school so I don't know if we'll be successful or not. The tuition isn't too bad (around $4000 yearly) & I really think it would help him out. Not only do I think he'll get a better quality of education at the other school but I think it'll help keep him healthier as well. Just since Christmas we've dealt with two rounds of bronchitis, scarlet fever, strep throat, the flu, an upper respiratory infection, and a parasite with Kiddo. I understand that kids get sick, especially in public schools, but I just think it's a bit ridiculous.

I suppose I better get my butt in gear. My to-do list seems like it's a mile long today & sitting on my butt isn't helping the list get any smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment