Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've been home for the past two days doing a whole bunch of nothing, which means no shopping!

However, I do need to go to the store tomorrow & hopefully I won't buy anything stupid. I'm currently browsing sale ads & trying to stick to what's on sale and stockpiling a bit as my budget allows. It seems that grocery prices have gone through the roof lately. My budget seems to get tighter as each paycheck comes around.

I guess it makes things a bit tougher when you buy things that coupons aren't common for. Examples are flour, yeast, milk, fresh fruit, meat, etc. Some people are lucky enough to have stores that give discounts/coupons out for those items but, unfortunately, I don't have any stores like that near me. I do most of my grocery shopping at Kroger. Walmart gets very little of my business & I try to shop at the local health food store for things as well. I really wish we would get a Target in this area. Oh, I want a Whole Foods and/or a Trader Joe's too! Ah, maybe one day...

I'm working on getting enough bread loaves frozen so I won't have to make bread for a couple of weeks. You can make bread & freeze it for up to six weeks and the yeast will still be active when you thaw out the bread. I have one loaf of Kiddo's bread frozen already, but seeing as how he eats one loaf a week & the hubby eats 2-3 loaves of bread a week (and I have zero loaves frozen for him) I guess I should get started.

And now I'm off to get dinner ready to go into the crockpot tomorrow. I'm hoping that if I get dinner started tonight that it'll encourage me to get other things done tomorrow... like making bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment