Sunday, March 20, 2011

Want versus need.

Okay, so we finally paid off our family car that we bought new when my now seven year old son was an infant...

So, now our next goal is to get a bigger, newer family car & let the hubby have the car we just paid off. The hubby's car is just a car that gets him from point A to point B. It does its job, but I'm worried it'll die beyond reasonable repair before the end of the year. It's already in need of new tires & a welding job in order to pass state inspection this year.

I keep trying to win a car, but since that's not happening it looks like I'll just have to save up & buy another car.

I figured up that if we pinch pennies really tightly & the hubby keeps working like he is now, we can save up enough money for a newer car in a few months. I'm hoping to get the newer car before kiddo starts second grade in the fall.

So, this is where you all come in.
You're going to hold me accountable for the money I spend on frivolous things... you know, things we don't need. Obviously food & gas for the cars are necessities and that's where the majority of my budget goes every week. But, lately I've been guilty of buying a pizza to bring home for dinner or something else like that. I know that the small things add up, so I figure if I write it down I can smack myself if I do something naughty.

Help me achieve my goals! Give me a good smack on the (virtual) hand whenever I'm naughty. It'll take me a little while to get going, but I'm hopeful that we can do it.

So now I need to figure up my wants versus my needs.
Kiddo is outgrowing every pair of pants he owns. My kid needs clothes, right? Not many, of course, but enough to get him through about a week (I do his laundry once a week).
Thankfully it looks like his summer stuff from last year should fit him this year. I *might* have to buy new shorts, but I won't know that for a little while yet. It's too cold for shorts right now, anyways.
The hubby keeps ripping holes in his work pants & there are a couple of pairs that are beyond repair...

This may be harder than I thought.
BUT, I can do it!
Please let me succeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment