Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today's purchases...

Holding myself accountable:

At Kroger:
Pack of chicken legs for dinner. A meal for my family under $2? You bet I'm gonna pick it up!
Bag of organic whole wheat flour for Seth's bread. Yes, I can buy the other stuff, but I try to keep his diet as organic as possible.
Total spent: $5.80

At a local health food store:
Two big cans of cat food. Smokie, my eldest cat, has no teeth so she gets a meal of soft food every day so I can make sure she's eating. Would you believe buying the bigger cans at the health food store is cheaper than buying the individual cans at Walmart? Makes me feel good!
Big bag of yeast. This is the only store that sells this particular size of yeast & it's cheaper to buy it this way.
Coconut milk dessert bars for Kiddo. A need? Not necessarily. A treat for him? Definitely. He hardly ever gets things like that. It came with 8 bars in a pack, so they should easily last him at least that many nights.
A bag of organic gummy bears. Again, a treat. Not necessarily a need. Of course, Kiddo thinks he needs everything in the health food store.
Total spent: $20.60

Please don't smack my hand for buying Kiddo some goodies. I promise that he hardly ever gets goodies like this... maybe once every other month or so. I'd just rather make him goodies than buy them, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment